When it comes to hiring tree service professionals for your Bellingham home, there is no team you can trust quite like Whatcom Tree Service. Our extensive knowledge of local trees, our tools, and our professionalism all combine to make us the perfect team for the job. When it comes to having your trees taken care of, what can you expect to happen? What are the various aspects of tree trimming? We are here to tell you more about it.
- Pruning: The purpose of pruning is to keep your trees strong and secure as they grow throughout the years. As your tree grows, we take a close look at the small and secondary branches that are not necessary for the tree’s health. By cutting these off, we can keep the tree centered and looking uniform.
- Thinning: During the thinning process, our tree trimmers cut away any secondary branches throughout the crown of the tree to reduce the tree’s density. This gives that trunk a little bit less of a load to support, making the tree less likely to be damaged by strong winds.
- Lifting: If you need more light for your home and the tree is getting in the way of that light, then we can lift the tree! This is also commonly done when space needs to be made for a new road, a driveway, a sidewalk, or even a building structure. We just remove the bottom branches and give the look of a “lifted” crown.
- Reduction: Sometimes tree branches begin to grow toward houses, business buildings, or power lines. This can create a serious hazard! In order to prevent any major accidents, the tree trimmer will cut down the branches at the outside edge of the crown in order to change the shape and the branch weight.
Why Trim or Prune a Tree?
Obviously, there are a few reasons to perform maintenance on your tree. These include the aesthetics, the safety of you and your family, as well as the health of the tree. Aesthetically, pruning your tree helps keep the shape and appearance even. However, be sure not to change the shape or size to an unnatural level on a tree. This can seriously damage it past the point of return.
For safety, you need to make sure that all dead or dying limbs and branches are removed. These limbs can fall at just about any time, which can injure any unsuspecting people underneath. If the branches of a tree obstruct your view while driving, they definitely need to be removed. Also, tree limbs growing towards power lines can also cause a problem.
The health of the tree can be completely changed depending on how well it is taken care of. For example, an infected tree may be able to be saved if you hire a team to remove any affected branches or limbs. Thinning the crown of the tree, in general, can help increase the airflow that keeps the tree healthy.
What’s the Best Way to Trim a Tree?
If you are feeling ambitious, you can try trimming or pruning your tree on your own. However, if you would like to ensure that the job is done correctly, call Whatcom Tree Service! We know to keep the following in mind as we work on the trees in your yard:
- We know it’s best to trim a tree during its dormant season, but it can be done at any time.
- We know the size of the branch is going to make a difference in whether it is safe to remove or not. The larger the branch, the more likely it is for the tree to be damaged in the branch removal process.
- We know to only trim branches that have weak, v-shaped, narrow angles.
- We know to prune away branches when they are young so they can be more easily managed.
Contact Whatcom Tree Service to Trim Your Trees
When it comes to pruning your trees, don’t leave anything to chance! You don’t want to risk hurting your tree or injuring yourself. That’s why we urge you to contact Whatcom Tree Service today and tell us what we can do for your trees. We look forward to working with you and your trees!